Remote Invigilation Exam
If you are unsure about whether Remote Invigilation would be suitable for you, please contact your tutor or the exams admin team at [email protected] or on 01392 435349
AAT students can now take selected number of assessments via remote invigilation (RI), meaning that there is no need to attend an assessment centre to sit your exam.
Before deciding to sit an assessment via remote invigilation, it is important that you understand how remote exams work, their limitations and advantages, assessment requirements and software needed. Please read the AAT Remote Invigilation User Guide before making a booking.
Further exam information and procedures:
- Be aware of the minimum supporting specifications and software needed for remote assessments.
- You will need a webcam & microphone working. Laptops are fine.
- You will need a room free from distractions and interruptions. You will be required to record a 360-degree view of the room. Any irregularities will be flagged by the AAT and your result will be voided.
- In the event of any IT issues during your exam, there will not be any live invigilation available, meaning that no one from the AAT or Accountancy Learning will be available to assist. You will be responsible for submitting your own incident report directly to the AAT.
- Scrap paper is not permitted. You will have a dedicated area within the RI software for rough workings.
- Calculators are not allowed, you must use an online one.
- You MUST have a stable internet connection during the assessment. It is also possible that certain set-ups of computer and internet connections are not compatible with Remote Invigilation and this may not be apparent until the assessment is attempted.
- Your result will be released within 15 working days.
We charge £17 admin fee (including VAT) in addition to the relevant AAT exam fee + the AAT RI fee.
Going ahead with your RI booking
- Make sure you that you have read the AAT’s Remote Invigilation User Guide.
- Assessments can be booked for any day of the week, including weekends. At the checkout, simply type in your chosen Assessment Date.
- Please note that all remote invigilated exams must be booked a minimum of 5 days in advance.
- No refunds are given once a booking is made. If you wish to amend your booking, an additional £17 admin fee will be charged.
If you have any queries, please email [email protected]